ABOUT THE SUN SEWING PATTERN & TUTORIAL
- Sun pillow is an easy sewing pattern for beginners
- Step by step photo instructions with easy to follow written instructions (measures in centimeters & inches)
- Full-size printable pattern template
- Tips & tricks for toy sewing and embroidery making
- My support, if you get stuck for any reason at all, just message me here on Etsy, and we will find a solution together.
✂ Creating this adorable sun pillow, you will learn
- backstitch embroidery stitch
- how to transfer embroidery to the fabric
- what is the difference between wool and acrylic (craft) felt and which is better for making soft toys
- how to stuff the toys correctly
- other small tricks
A very detailed step-by-step picture tutorial will help you confidently transform colorful pieces of fabric into a cute sun.
✂ Finished size (approximately)
19 cm x 19 cm / 7.5 in x 7.5 in
✂ Time needed
1 -2 hours for beginners
✂ Materials needed
- Yellow wool felt (21 cm x 42 cm / 8.5 in x 17 in)
- Light pink wool felt for the cheeks
- Embroidery thread: dark pink, blue, green, orange, white
- 2 small blue/black buttons or 2 small circles of black felt for eyes
- Yellow sewing thread
- Toy or pillow stuffing
- Dark transfer paper
You will also need a sewing machine, pins, needle, scissors, trick marker, or chalk.
THIS IS A DIGITAL ITEM. NO POST OFFICE INVOLVED. INSTANT DOWNLOAD.
PLEASE NOTE: the purchase of this pattern gives you the right to craft and sell items made from it online or at craft fairs. However, mass production, resale, and distribution of pattern pieces and instructions are prohibited. Please, give credit to Sew Toy Design as the original designer, and add a link to my shop in any written communication.